I wrote about search-and-replace glitches in this 2015 post. Well, here’s another one:
You might have noticed that I’ve been in an efforts frenzy. As part of reassessing my position on efforts, I searched on EDGAR for a bunch of efforts variants, including the unlikeliest ones I could think of. One of them was commercially efforts. Yeah, sounds crazy, but I’d already found instances of commercially best efforts and commercially good-faith efforts, which don’t make sense, so I gave it a shot. Lo and behold, that search came up with 86 documents that contained commercially efforts.
So I asked on Twitter about it and received the following reply from @DanielYRubin:
— Daniel Rubin (@DanielYRubin) April 9, 2017
I do believe that resolves the mystery.