One company I know of has only a single procurement template that covers purchase of “all works, products, and services.”
Another company has a different template (in both one-off and master versions) for purchase of each of the following:
- Professional services (in other words, consulting)
- Other services (such as catering and cleaning)
- Software (without related services)
- Software (with related services)
- Technology equipment
- Other equipment
- Commodities (for example, office supplies)
Where does your company fall on the spectrum from minimalist to exhaustive? And why? Sorry to be asking such a basic question, but I haven’t had much of a chance to see the procurement forest, what with my focus on individual template trees.
I could probably cover all permutations in a single Contract Express automated template. But for this exercise, let’s assume we’re in a Word-template world.