A little over a year ago I announced publication of my book The Structure of M&A Contracts. Since then, limbo: First, the book was available as a PDF, but only by calling West. Then, it became available exclusively on Thomson Reuters’s new ProView ebook platform, but without volume discounts and with limited marketing support. But now, the stars are in alignment, so I’m taking this opportunity to suggest that you take another look at The Structure of M&A Contracts. Here are some things to bear in mind:
- I recently had a look at the ProView version of the book on an iPad. It looks very spiffy. ProView allows you to find your way around the book very easily. And if you want a hard copy, you can always print one out.
- You can buy the book at this page of the Westlaw store. (Buyers outside the U.S., see the next bullet point.) Volume discounts are available by calling (800) 344-5009. The amount of the discount depends on the number of books purchased. For example, anyone who purchases 50 copies is entitled to a 50% discount. So buy a copy for each of your associates. Heck, buy a copy for everyone.
- Unfortunately, ProView’s online store can’t yet process orders from outside the U.S., so if you don’t have a U.S. billing address, you can purchase the book by calling West at (800) 328-9352, ext. 42420, or at (651) 244-2420. Or click here to send an email to Tracy Peterson at West; she will get back to you. Sorry for this inconvenience.
- As an incentive to any volume buyers out there, I’m offering a three-hour “The Structure of M&A Contracts” seminar for free (apart from travel and accommodations expenses) to the first five organizations that purchase, in May, at least 50 copies of the book and contact me about the free seminar.
- West is allowing me to issue some complimentary ProView passwords. So are you with an AmLaw 200 law firm? Do you have a say when it comes to professional development? Do you like A Manual of Style for Contract Drafting? Might you be inclined to buy The Structure of M&A Contracts to hand out like party favors? If so, let me know—I might have a complimentary password for you.
- Remember that there’s an accompanying webcast, featuring Steven Davidoff. Go here for more information.
- And check out the ad to the right—my first blog ad ever. As I noted on Twitter, at least I sold out to myself.
2 thoughts on “Once More, With Feeling: Relaunching My Ebook “The Structure of M&A Contracts””
I cannot open the link which is purported for sending email to Ms. Tracy Peterson at West. Please advise me how to purchase this book outside U.S. I am very interested your Manual of Contract.
For more up-to-date information, go to https://www.adamsdrafting.com/writing/smac/. But Thomson Reuters is currently changing how the book is sold. I expect to do a blog post about that next week.