In recent weeks I haven’t posted much, if anything, on specific issues of contract language, and I won’t be doing so for a while. Here’s why:
- The third edition of MSCD will be coming out in February. The last thing I feel like doing right now is any research that might suggest last-minute changes.
- Once the third edition has come out, I’d like a bit of a honeymoon before I start to compile material for the fourth edition. Because the third edition contains a lot of new material, I want to get to grips with it myself, and I want to see what others make of it.
- I’ll be on the road February through May. The road goes on forever.
- I’m rethinking my online presence. More about that in due course.
- I’m pondering what comes next. Perhaps it will be less Legal Rebel, more Legal Mainstream—I like to think that the mainstream is moving toward me, rather than the other way around.
But I expect that in a few months I’ll return in earnest to the business of exploring new issues and new developments. And I suspect that in the interim I’ll have other things to write about.